Sunday, October 25, 2009

Goodbye to Grandpa's.

Two months ago my Grandpa sold his house. He had owned it for over 50 years. He had it built, raised three kids in it and those three kids had more kids and we all were brought up in it in a certain way. It was time to sell. He spends most of his time down in Florida and keeping up the house was just too much for him as he is now in his 80s.

I spent one last morning taking a walk through what was now the shell of a place that was very dear to me. My original plan was to have the youngest in the family, Luca, my 2-year-old, pose in all the rooms of the oldest house in the family. Well. He's two. There's no photos of him. It wasn't a "listen to daddy day" ... so to speak. So I shot some images at the house after everything was gone.

When I first looked back at the images, I didn't like any of them. After a couple months, there's a little more heart in them than I had first thought.

The first images are from the outside of the house in and around the pool area.














No comments: